Monday, February 19, 2007

Tracy, Please Stop Dreaming

Tracy, can You see me?
There in Your mind’s eye?
i need for You to wake up -
Stop putting on this lie.
Now i need to talk to You,
i have something to say.
But now You cannot listen,
You just keep talking away.
i need for You to hear me,
Like that Last Day at the park.
But still You just keep talking,
Just like that stupid lark.

Tracy, i need You to listen
i keep yelling for You to hear.
It’s really quite important,
But dead to me are your ears.
So You move to walk away from me,
And i reach out for your hand.
As i begin to touch You,
It disappears into the sand.
You turn and You look through me,
As if i wasn’t there.
And finally, it comes to me,
This whole thing isn’t fair.

Tracy, can I find you?
Please get your head out of the clouds.
Then you might just see me,
You might forget that you are proud.
Or I could stop trying,
Then I would reach your mind,
My resting hand would find your delusion
And each other we could find.
However, you keep sleeping,
And in your sleep you dream.
Never will you wake for me,
At least that’s what it seems.

Tracy, please just come back
From this state the doctors say
That very few come out of,
They just stay and stay and stay.
you left Me a few years ago,
Not even one goodbye
I need to go and live, instead,
I just wait and think and sigh,
Now I need to move on,
But I had something to say
Just remember that I’ll Love You,
Each and every day.

10 comments:

GrizzBabe said...

Beautiful poem. I see you have your Dad's way with words.

Mother of Invention said...

Maybe you will see your friend once again in another place.

Water Baby said...

grizzbabe - Thank you, we both love to write, he thinks he's not very good, but I tend to disagree...

Mom - He he... maybe, I wish he were real... when I finished the poem, it made me want to cry, made me want to me Tracy, maybe I will one day

bulletholes said...

At first i thought this about me and how I talk too much... then after she explained it to me, i thought that it was subconciously written about Terri Schiavo, the lady in Florida in a Coma form 18 years that it took a court order to let her go.

Anonymous said...

I just read your wonderful lines, and they moved me a lot. You have a real way with words, Water Baby (tell your dad he shouldn't use your name :-) ) I very much look forward to reading more of your poems - you have great talent! You'll go far!

Funny your dad has said to come over to mine - I think I'll gain a lot from coming over to yours!

I'm going to link you up, so I can come back and see how you're progressing! :-)

January 7, 2007 12:40 PM
Delete

Anonymous said...

Nice to have a place to write down sensitive thoughts in a lovely form. Just wondering, is this somewhat true? Did you know someone who was slipping away from you physically as in a coma or something?

January 7, 2007 3:01 PM
Delete

Anonymous said...

Thanks dad, like annelisa said, don't use my name, and I'll go check out her writings, different styles provide different insight and room for growth.
annelisa- I'll link you as well, as soon as I figure out how. lol
moi- I just started writing one day, I don't think it's true, but when you write, different levels of your subconscious are sometimes revealed, but its just a story. You got it right though! It's about a guy in a coma!

January 7, 2007 4:47 PM

bulletholes said...

I thought she was talking about me; that maybe I am not listening to her very good... she tells me I talk her to death sometime, and I should BE QUIET!!!

January 8, 2007 10:49 AM
Delete

Anonymous said...

:-D... and yet, Steve, you're still talking...

Water Baby - your dad has a guilty conscience... time to play on it :-D

Just kidding... though, if your dad's feeling like he's in a coma, it's time to shake him out of it!

If you're not sure how to link up sites yourself, you can always use 'blogrolling.com' - I found it a pain, and quicker to enter links myself, but it depends on how much energy you've got to explore your template... it's like learning a whole new language, but it's a simple one, and once you got it, you start recognising it elsewhere.

The other way of doing it is to go to your 'new post', write the name of the blog you want to link, then press the link button (which looks to me a bit like a bull :-) ) and press it, putting in the url (address) of the site. Then go to the html page, and copy the whole darn lot and paste it into the 'sidebar' area (which you'd have to work out) of the template...

that's two methods anyhow... you'll work it out as you go along, I'm sure!

hang on a sec - your dad's made a link... ask him!

January 9, 2007 6:19 PM

the laughing man said...

this is some good poetery.....