Friday, February 9, 2007

Rath Roiben Raye

Rath Roiben Raye,
With your hair of silver and eyes of gray,
Daunt me not, but woo me sweetly,
For though you be foe, I love you discreetly.
Of different Clans we are destined to be,
But into your eyes I wish to see.
The Flesh of the Fruit, so juicy and Red,
Would be as my Heart as you over me Bled.
An arrow of thorns that is lodged in your Heart,
Is all that Prevents us from being apart.

If you like the poem, try reading the book Tithe by Holly Black, it was written for teenage girls, but the story is a good one. I wrote that poem in about 3 minutes, as I did with the other one, when inspiration strikes, you just have to run with it and let it grow and be!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I have been meaning to tell you that you should have this on your site, you are ahead of me once again. I must stop trying to tell you what to do!

Anonymous said...

Beauty! Isn't it neat to see that some of your best pieces are done very quickly?!! I have had times when I can't write fast enough to keep up with the lines coming into my head...almost as if someone else was dictating them! Guess that's what people mean when they say, "It practically wrote itself"!

Keep writing!

Anonymous said...

Just as good the second reading as the first!

You are already (oh how condescending this sounds ... as if age matters where words are sculpted, or rather formed, creatively :-( ) such a good poet... Do you study it?


(btw - you might want to check spelling in last line though... :-) )

Water Baby said...

dad - yup yup yup, I agree with you there....

Mom - Yeah, thats the way I like to write, it's the easiest way to write, it's no fun to force it!!

annelisa - speaking of age! my birthday is Saturday!!! he he, thank you, I enjoy it, or I wouldn't be as good as you say I am. I don't really study poetry, We are working with Robert Frost in English right now, He was an amazing poet, but his life was so tragic... (who wrote that, I would like to know, it's very true and very um, well I like it :-D

Annelisa said...

Well, you have a wonderful way of expression, even without studying it (or perhaps because you haven't, and therefore haven't succumbed to the rulings of others!)