Wednesday, December 5, 2007

The Secret

A few days ago, I was looking around at everyone's blog and found this on the Red Dirt Scribbler's blog. She was looking for a way to "Pay It Forward" in the blogging world, without giving away personal information. I found a way that I can help!

I read a book called The Secret by Rhonda Byrne a few days ago. I was pretty upset, I was sad, bored and very lonely. So Red took me to Borders bookstore. I love bookstores. Daddy told you about my Adventures on the Candy Aisle, well when I'm in a bookstore, the opposite happens. I find books that I would love to read. Unless I limit my time in a bookstore to about a half an hour.... bad things happen.

Any way, I came out of the bookstore 20 minutes later, 30 dollars poorer and 3 books happier. One of these books was The Secret. It is a book that tells you the secret to life, the universe and everything. My way of "Paying It Forward" is to tell you The Secret.

You have powers. Brain powers! When you think about something, you send out a frequency, like a little radio wave. An idea is sent out into the world anytime you think, which is pretty often! This frequency attracts other like frequencies, causing people and thoughts that are similar to what you think to come to you. So, if you think "I'm going to get a new car" and you truly believe that you will get a new car, guess what. You'll get a new car. Because you are thinking about it often and you truly believe it will happen, a situation will present itself so that you get a new car in the near future. This concept works for a lot of things, loosing weight, finding love, being happy.

I hope you read my post about being sad, well after I read this book, I consciously began thinking about happy things, if I couldn't stay asleep, I would think 'I'm glad I got a few hours of sleep at least'. And things have been going better for me since I started doing this. I have been happier, found things that I need to do. Fix problems that were there that I don't have anymore! If everyone is aware of The Secret then more people will be happy and maybe want to tell their friends about it. The world becomes a better place, with more happy people.

4 comments:

GrizzBabe said...

Thanks, Water Baby!

Without having read the book, I would have to say that I agree with it wholeheartedly. I believe it's a truth that was even revealed in the Bible (there's a scripture in Psalms, I believe, that says "As a man thinks within himself, so he is.")

The idea of thoughts carrying frequency reminds of the time that The Boyfriend had a song in his head and walked past a man in the grocery store. A few seconds later the man was humming the exact same tune.

There's also a movie called "What the 'bleep' do we know?" that talks about the effect thoughts have on the cells in our bodies.

So thanks again for the reminder. I'm going to start applying these principles to my life again.

Great way to pay it forward!

GEWELS said...

Waterbaby- I sure do wish you were MY kid. Hey, now maybe that will happen too, huh?

I read THE SECRET this past summer. And, was equally intriqued by it. On one level many people see it as hooey. But, I think that those of us who truly want something (whether it be getting a new job, or losing weight, or finding that perfect someone) have the ability to work towards that goal - even as we aren't really consciously working towards that goal. If you had the will to buy that book then something spoke to you and it has empowered you to see things differently and get a few things under control.

Damn, you are one sensitive smart cookie. "Yvette" (heehee) and Mr. Bulletholes should be real proud!

Anonymous said...

This is such a great idea and a great way of Paying It Forward, Water Baby ...!! and I am honoured again to be linked to you.

In fact, I came over just to grab your link so that I could put it under Scribbler's I Like !! I do so like your scribbles.

I could use more of this Secret thinking ... I'm so pessimistic ...I expect doom to occur - and it does! Like this past sunday. I was grumbling to myself because my kids wanted Christmas lights strung up on the house. I just KNEW no good would come of it. Sure enough, I and my cheap, monstrous ladder fell together onto the concrete driveway. I actually laid there and just cried. Now I'm sporting bruising (physically and egotistically) ... and have been dubbed The Great Yuletide Ladder Tragedy by Mr. Unremitting Failure ...so much for my 'positive' attitude.

I think I'm going to try it your way for a while. I'll get back to you and let you know what happens !!

peace and xxx,
red

Water Baby said...

Grizzbabe, It does mention certain scriptures in the book such as " What things soever ye desire, when ye pray, believe that ye receive them, and ye shall have them" Mark 11:24. It also quotes Buddha, Martin Luther King Jr. and Einstein, to name a few! I'll see if me and Red can go find that movie, she read the book too and loved it! Thank you!

Gewels, Right now my goal is to be happy while I wait to go home and so far, being positive and convincing myself that I will find stuff to do has worked. It hasn't even been a week since I read the book, but it seems to be working! "Damn, you are one sensitive smart cookie." Thank you, that made my day!!

RDG, Yay! This group of comments just couldn't be better! Thank you for linking me! It means so much to me! I'm sorry you fell from a-top your ladder, I hope your bruises heal soon! Sometimes changing the way you think a little bit helps, I hope it works for you!