Thursday, November 29, 2007

Joining Us From Hurst, Texas

I'm not sure if Daddy has told you about my band this year, but I'm going to now.

This year they went to Grand Nationals, the biggest band competition in the nation. Last year, we came in second, we were so proud, I'm not sure if any of you have seen the show from last year, but it was really good, go here on youtube to see it if you have time!

This year we won. We won Grand Nationals. It was huge. I cried, my mom cried, my dad cried type of huge. I wasn't even in the band this time. I saw their show for the the first time today. I cried again. It was so long that youtube made the person that posted it split into two videos, if you can find the time, watch them both. It's about 13 minutes long and entrancing.

If the videos don't pop up right away, just give it a minute to load and they will!!

I give you Transcendence.

Part 1



Part 2

4 comments:

Mother of Invention said...

This is truly amazing! What a lot of work and practising you must do. This os SOOOoo professional, nothing like what my high school cheerleading was!

It is especially cool the way you still say, "WE won"!! You will clearly always be a part of it and it will be a part of you for life.
You still no doubt know many people in your band.
Congrats to the whole band!

Water Baby said...

Thank you! This year's show was amazing, I can't wait to see what they do next year. The band will always have a place in my heart, it helped to shape me into the person I am today!

GrizzBabe said...

THAT was awesome! I'm awed at the way they can play instruments while engaging in choreographed movements. I can barely walk and chew gum at the same time!

Water Baby said...

Neither can I!!!! ask my dad! I'm pigeon toed, knock kneed and trip over myself all the time, but the oneness that develops between players during the year helps, as well as practicing 8 hours a week for 15 weeks!! Given the proper instruction and enough practice, anyone can do anything!!