Friday, September 14, 2007

My Little Brother Is Going To College

Rip is my younger brother, he may be taller than me, weigh more than me and get into more trouble than I do, but he will always be my little brother. I called my Momma on Sunday, I plan on doing this every week at least so she doesn't have a heart attack worrying about me flunking out.

"Hey Momma"
"Guess What Rip did!"
"What's that Momma?"
"He wants to be a T-Sip!"

I'm very confused at this statement... She seems... excited... that he wants to go to *shudder* TU...

"And that's good because...?"
"Well Mrs Counselor Lady told him that he had to do really well on his SAT and take an extra math class to even get in to TU."

Rip hasn't had the best academic career.

"What did he say?"
"Well he had wanted to do Co-Op and have lots of releases so he could work more..."
"He has a job?"
"Yeah, he is the Host at Papadeux restaurant, he asked me to help him go get a tie and slacks and a button up shirt to wear to work the other day."

Rip refuses to wear a tie, slacks and a button up to church.

"Wow, what did he say when she told him about the math thing?"
"He said 'Yes, what class do I need to take and where can I sign up for a SAT Prep Course."

...

"Aubree? Are you there?"
"Yeah" *sniff* "My brother's gonna be a T-Sip!!"

7 comments:

Barbara said...

You obviously inherited your Daddy's ability to tell a good story! I hope Rip finds his way in the world as well as you have. He probably misses you terribly. Can he come spend a weekend with you?

Mother of Invention said...

Who knows? He may actually do all this much as it is not really in character. Maybe liitle brother is growing up just a little?

Water Baby said...

Mom, I hope so, Momma also said that A&M was his second choice, so fingers are crossed!!!

Barbara, Thanks so much! I think he does miss me, and im not sure if he will be able to come down to visit me...

bulletholes said...

Watchin' you pack up and fly has left him highly resolved to be able to do the same!

bulletholes said...

Ya know, tsip backwards is pissed.

bulletholes said...

yeah, I miss you.

GrizzBabe said...

Baby brother sounds like he is growing up. That's good to see!