Sunday, September 2, 2007

Gig Em Aggies, Ay

I went to SALT Camp not knowing what a T-sip was. I didn't know what it meant to Pull Out, Push It or Mug Down. Since I was really little, people have been telling me I was gonna be an Aggie. I resisted, told all sorts of Aggie jokes and found them rather amusing.

Daddy has told you all about Uncle Don, his brother. When we went up north to see him one last time before he died, Mommy was packing for me and packed this shirt that I would never wear, I hated this shirt and would cry anytime she made me wear it. She told me it was Uncle Don's favorite color, it was burnt orange. Burnt orange was not his favorite color and is, in fact, the University of Texas school color, UT is known as TU at A&M. Those who go to TU are known as T-sips.

At A&M football is very important. Aggies never loose a game, sometimes the clock runs out, but we never actually loose. We are all the 12th man and remain standing during the game to let the coach know that if he ever needs us, we are there, ready to play. Everyone has to maroon out and stay standing the whole time. When we score any points we get to mug down, or kiss, if we choose to.

It's Awesome!

Yesterday there was a category 1 hurricane, all those from Texas went outside and watched the pretty lighting and awesome looking clouds. My roommate from Nebraska looked outside and said:

"I've seen worse."

She went and sat at her computer all night while we played in the rain with our neighbors and the boys from ROTC who are always over at my apartment. It was much fun.

This morning all the Yankees came out. They were scared of the little storm. My history teacher had them stand up and tell us how they felt. It was funny.

As my dad mentioned, there are lots of boys over at my apartment all the time. They are from the CORPS and the Naval ROTC. They are pretty cool to be around.

2 comments:

Mother of Invention said...

As I said at your dad's, all sounds normal to me and you should enjoy this time of your life as long as you find time to do your work and actually get something out of it. I loved my 4 years at Guelph University. It was known as Cow College because so many farm guys went there and took Agriculture. THAT's what WE called Aggies, the kids in that course. I lived in residence (all girls dorm)for 2 years and loved it. Then off campus in an apt for 2 years. Enjoy it..never will you again be in an environment with so many people who have so much in common with you. It's a great chance to meet people, guys and babes. I met my husband there, but not until 4th year. He was in Phys.Ed/Human Kinetics so hung out at the gym, which I didn't! We met at a pub. Are you joining Marching Band there? My niece went to Unive. of Texas for a few months last year, met a guy, and is now working there! Update us regularly! Have a draft for me! (I secretly didn't even like beer and mostly just got diet soda!!!)

Water Baby said...

I would love to join the marching band here, but we don't even have a concert band. My campus is and Aggie campus, meaning we get the Aggie Diploma and Ring, but since we are mot the main campus we don't get any sports or fine arts except rowing and crew (sailboats). I almost decided to go to College Station just to join the Corps and be in the Marching Band!!